Publications about COVID-19
- Hussong, A.M., Benner, A.D., Erdem,
G., Lansford, J.E., Makutsa Makila, L., Petrie*, R.C., & the SRA Covid Response
Team. (2021). Adolescence Amid a Pandemic: Short- and Long-Term Implications. Invited
Commentary. Journal of Research on Adolescence, 31: 820-825. https://doi.org/10.1111/jora.12671
- Hussong, A.M., Midgette, A.J., Thomas, T.E., Coffman, J.L., & Cho*, S. (2021). Coping and mental health in early adolescence during COVID-19. Research on Child and Adolescent Psychopathology, 49: 1113-1123. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10802-021-00821-0
- Hussong, A.M., Midgette, A.J., Richards*, A.N., Petrie*, R.C., Coffman, J.L., & Thomas, T.E. (2022). COVID-19 life events spill-over on family functioning and adolescent adjustment. Journal of Early Adolescence, 43, 359-388. DOI: 10.1177/02724316211036744
For a full list of publications, visit me on ORCID.
Other Recent Publications
- Hussong, A.M., Midgette, A., & Rothenberg, W.A. (2022). The parenting of adolescents and young adults. In L. Crockett, G. Carlo, and J. Schulenberg (Eds.), APA Handbook of Adolescent and Young Adult Development. Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association.
- DiLillo, V. G., Hussong, A.M., Kamholz, B. W., & Lloyd-Richardson, E. (2022). Psychologist and parent: Advice from professionals in different career tracks. In M. J. Prinstein, (Ed.). The Portable Mentor: Expert Guide to a Successful Career in Psychology, Third Edition, (pp 514-545). New York: Springer. Hussong, A.M., & Jensen, M.R. (2021). The parenting of young adults via text messaging. Parenting in the 21st century. Invited Submission. Social Sciences, 10:482. https://doi-org/10.3390/socsci10120482
- Hussong, A.M., Shadur, J.M., & Sircar*, J.A. (in press). Targeting the needs of families in recovery from addiction with young children. Children and Youth Services Review.
- Cole., V.T., Hussong, A.M., Gottfredson, N.C., Bauer, D.J., & Curran, P.J. (in press). Informing harmonization decisions in integrative data analysis: Exploring the measurement multiverse. Prevention Science.
- Ridenour, T., Cruden, G., Yang, Y., Bonar, E., Rodgriquez, A., Saavedra, L., Hussong, A.M., et al. (in press). Methodological strategies for harmonizing the HEAL prevention cooperative’s distinct outcome studies: Application to 10 distinct outcomes studies of preventive interventions targeting opioid misuse. Prevention Science.
- Shangase, N., Edwards, J., Pence, B., Aiello, A., Hussong, A., Gómez-Olivé, X., Kahn, K., Stoner, M.,& Pettifor, A. (2022). Effect of quality of caregiver–adolescent relationship on sexual debut, Transactional sex, and on age-disparate relationships among young women in rural South Africa enrolled in HPTN 068. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes, 89, 366-373. doi: 10.1097/QAI.0000000000002890
- Cole, V., Hussong, A.M., McNeish, D.M., Ennett, S., Rothenberg, W.A., Gottfredson, N.C., & Faris, R.W. (2022). The role of social position within peer groups in distress-motivated smoking among adolescents. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drug Use, 83, 420-429.
- Midgette, A., Coffman, J.L., & Hussong,
A.M. (2022). What
parents and children say when talking about children’s gratitude: A thematic analysis.
Journal of Child and Family Studies, 31: 1-15. DOI: 10.1007/s10826-021-02222-9