Publications about COVID-19
- Hussong, A.M.,
Haik, A.K., & Loeb, H.M. (in press). Generation COVID: Young adult
substance use. Current Opinion.
- Hussong, A.M., Benner, A.D., Erdem,
G., Lansford, J.E., Makutsa Makila, L., Petrie*, R.C., & the SRA Covid Response
Team. (2021). Adolescence Amid a Pandemic: Short- and Long-Term Implications. Invited
Commentary. Journal of Research on Adolescence, 31: 820-825. https://doi.org/10.1111/jora.12671
- Hussong, A.M., Midgette, A.J., Thomas, T.E., Coffman, J.L., & Cho*, S. (2021). Coping and mental health in early adolescence during COVID-19. Research on Child and Adolescent Psychopathology, 49: 1113-1123. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10802-021-00821-0
- Hussong, A.M., Midgette, A.J., Richards*, A.N., Petrie*, R.C., Coffman, J.L., & Thomas, T.E. (2022). COVID-19 life events spill-over on family functioning and adolescent adjustment. Journal of Early Adolescence, 43, 359-388. DOI: 10.1177/02724316211036744
For a full list of publications, visit me on ORCID.
Other Recent Publications
- Jensen, M.R., Navarro, J., Hussong, A.M., & Brown, M.T. (in press). Typologies of parent-emerging adult text message interactions. Journal of Family Psychology.
- Hussong, A.M., Samuelson, P.R., Richards, A.N., & Mullane, M. (in press). The Good Gifts Program: Evaluation of a strengths-based intervention for opportunity youth. Invited Submission. The Journal of Positive Psychology.
- Novinte, A. & Hussong, A.M. (2022). The role of indirect exposure to police violence in black adolescent suicidality. Journal of Undergraduate Ethnic Minority Psychology, 6, 9-15.
- Tiberio, S.S., Pears, K.C., Buchanan, R., Chamberlain, P., Leve, L.D. Price, J.M. & Hussong, A.M. (in press). An Integrative Data Analysis of main and moderated crossover effects of parent-mediated interventions on depression and anxiety symptoms in youth in foster care. Prevention Science.
- Hussong, A.M., Petrie, R.C., Richards*, A.N., Shelton, R.L., & Midgette, A. (in press). Gratitude moments as predictors of self- and other-orientation in a racially/ethnically diverse sample of US young adolescent during the COVID-19 pandemic. Youth, 3, 362-380.
V.T., Richmond-Rakerd, L.S., Bierce, L.F., Norotsky, R.L., Peiris, S.T., & Hussong,
A.M. (in press). Peer connectedness and substance use in adolescence: A
systematic review and meta-analysis. Psychology of Addictive Behavior.
- Hussong, A.M., Midgette, A., & Rothenberg, W.A. (2022). The parenting of adolescents and young adults. In L. Crockett, G. Carlo, and J. Schulenberg (Eds.), APA Handbook of Adolescent and Young Adult Development. Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association.
- DiLillo, V. G., Hussong, A.M., Kamholz, B. W., & Lloyd-Richardson, E. (2022). Psychologist and parent: Advice from professionals in different career tracks. In M. J. Prinstein, (Ed.). The Portable Mentor: Expert Guide to a Successful Career in Psychology, Third Edition, (pp 514-545). New York: Springer. Hussong, A.M., & Jensen, M.R. (2021). The parenting of young adults via text messaging. Parenting in the 21st century. Invited Submission. Social Sciences, 10:482. https://doi-org/10.3390/socsci10120482