Publications about COVID-19
- Hussong, A.M., Benner, A.D., Erdem, G., Lansford, J.E., Makutsa Makila, L., Petrie*, R.C., & the SRA Covid Response Team. (2021). Adolescence Amid a Pandemic: Short- and Long-Term Implications. Invited Commentary. Journal of Research on Adolescence, 31: 820-825. https://doi.org/10.1111/jora.12671 This is sample content, you can replace it with your own text and images
- Hussong, A.M., Midgette, A.J., Richards*, A.N., Petrie*,
R.C., Coffman, J.L., & Thomas, T.E. (2021, online). COVID-19 life events spill-over
on family functioning and adolescent adjustment. Journal of Early Adolescence. DOI:
- Hussong, A.M., Midgette, A.J.,
Thomas, T.E., Coffman, J.L., & Cho*, S. (2021). Coping and mental health in
early adolescence during COVID-19. Research on Child and Adolescent
Psychopathology, 49: 1113-1123. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10802-021-00821-0
For a full list of publications, visit me on ORCID.
Other Recent Publications
- Hussong, A.M., & Jensen, M.R. (in press). The parenting of young adults via text messaging. Parenting in the 21st century. Invited Submission.
- Midgette, A., Coffman, J.L., & Hussong, A.M. (in press). What parents and children say when talking about children’s gratitude: A thematic analysis. Journal of Child and Family Studies.
- Cole, V.T., Richmond-Rackrd, L., & Hussong, A.M. (in press). Peer Connectedness and Substance Use in Adolescence: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Registered Report. Psychology of Addictive Behavior.
- Hussong, A.M., Coffman, J.L., & Halberstadt, A. (in press). Parenting and the development of gratitude. Child Development Perspectives. Invited Submission.
- Cole, V., Hussong, A.M., McNeish, D.M., Ennett, S., Rothenberg, W.A., Gottfredson, N.C., & Faris, R.W. (in press). The self-medication pathway to smoking for adolescents: Interactions between depressive symptoms, coping motives for smoking, and social standing. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drug Use.
- Kerr, D.C.R., Bae, H., Cole, V.T., & Hussong, A.M. (2021, online). Psychological functioning associated with prescription stimulant and opioid misuse versus other illicit drug use among college students. American Journal of American College Health. https://doi.org/10.1080/07448481.2021.1926269
- Hussong, A.M., Halberstadt, A., Langley, H.A., Thomas, T.E., & Coffman, J.L. (2021, online). Parents’ responses to children’s ingratitude are associated with children’s gratitude and internalizing three years later. Journal of Family Psychology. doi: 10.1037/fam0000855
- Lippold, M. A., Hussong, A.M., Fosco, G. & Ram, N. (2021). Youth internalizing problems and changes in parent-child relationships across early adolescence: Lability and developmental trends. Journal of Early Adolescence, 41, 472-497. https://doi.org/10.1177/0272431620931196 Hussong, A.M., Jensen, M., Morgan, S.B., & Poteat, J. (2021). Collecting text messages from college students: A pilot study. Social Development, 30, 3-22. DOI: 10.1111/sode.12466
- Curran, P.J., Georgeson, A.R., Bauer, D.J., & Hussong, A.M. (2021). Psychometric Models for Scoring Multiple Reporter Assessments: Applications to Integrative Data Analysis in Prevention Science and beyond. International Journal of Behavioral Development, 45, 40-50.
- Jensen, J.M. & Hussong, A.M. (2021). Text message content as a window into college student drinking: Development and initial validation of a dictionary of “alcohol talk”. International Journal of Behavioral Development, 45, 3-10. Doi10.1177/0165025419889175